Tuesday, September 6

September in My Lake Garden

There is something about cool days that give you renewed energy to tackle the garden jobs you were putting off when it was too hot to work outside. After two days of rain the ground is soft and dark brown, making pulling weeds easy. I was so moved by the urge to tidy the garden that even after it started raining again I was reluctant to stop so I was quite soaked when I finally called it a day.

As I looked for dry clothes I went to the part of the closet that held long sleeved tees and long cotton pants. It felt good to be warm and dry and for the first time in a very hot summer I pulled on socks. I know this cool weather will not last and there is no reason for me to put away all the shorts and sleeveless tees I have worn all summer.

After taking down all the trash trees in my front gardens, some that were a danger to my house, light has been getting in to plantings that were in stress from low light. I have never seen such bloom as I had this spring and summer and many plants have grown so much they are pushing up against their neighbors. My new pruners brought home from GWA meeting in Indianapolis will come in handy.

2 comments:

  1. I know this cool weather will not last and there is no reason for me to put away all the shorts and sleeveless tees I have worn all summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It felt good to be warm and dry and for the first time in a very hot summer I pulled on socks.

    ReplyDelete